Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Coffin - Part 2

This morning, while I was getting ready for work, my wife suggested a new idea-- that Ben is the one in the coffin. And of course, her theory makes more sense than mine (Whose Coffin Is It Anyway?). Let's examine that theory a little bit...

In an attempt to get back at Ben for all he's done, Jack takes Ben off of the island. Ben has no family. Ben has no friends. Ben kills himself. That would certainly explain why no one was at the funeral. And my theory about Locke being in the coffin wouldn't work here, because any Flight 815 survivors that made it back to the "real world" became famous, known as the Oceanic 6. You would think, then, that if one of them died, there would certainly be at least one person at the funeral. You could also expect a larger newspaper article.

Ben (of course) would NOT count as one of the Oceanic 6, which brings me to my next point... I've changed my list back to what it was right after the premiere: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Claire, Jin, & Sun. I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that Sawyer and Locke would be taken from the island. If they did THAT, then I don't think anyone would want to watch a show about Sayid and Jin & Sun on an island. ......I wonder if Juliet left the island too.

Leave me a comment, or e-mail me with your thoughts.

-drew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My regards to your wife for a very good theory. I was of the same mind as you, that it was Locke (possibly Sawyer), but now that I think about it, yes, he would have been somewhat famous, and also, he has had friends and people that have loved him in the past, so it would lead you to think that SOMEONE would show to his funeral.

BUT, in that episode, where Jacks makes the mysterious phone call to tell someone that he'd just found out about it, he seemed to be upset about the persons passing. Would he be upset about Ben? i doubt it. I suppose seeing the notice could have brought back a flood of emotion, but Ben was so hated i find it hard to believe Jack would lose sleep over it.

I like the Ben theory, but am not sold yet.

Fred